Health Benefits of sandwich:
- Bean sprouts help you to lose weight, along with being good for digestion and skin.
- Bean sprouts help prevent osteoporosis, heart attacks and strokes.
- Essential fatty acids increase, during the sprouting process.
- Rich in vitamins, fibres, proteins, enzymes.
- Celery helps to keep your blood pressure normal, and prevents urinary tract infections.
- Pear fruit is rich in dietary fibre, antioxidants, minerals and vitamin C. It is a low calorie fruit, and used in treatment of colitis, chronic gallbladder diseases, arthritis and gout.
Ingredients for sandwich:
- 4 slices of whole-wheat bread
- 1/4 cup grated pears
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 finely chopped spring onion
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
For dressing the sandwich:
- 1/4 cup low fat curd
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard paste
- Salt and black pepper powder as per taste
Steps to prepare:
- Mix the salad ingredients with the dressing mixture.
- Divide it into two portions and spread each one, on two slices of bread.
- Then place the two slices of bread on each other, and cut the sandwich diagonally, resembling two triangular parts.
You're ready to serve the healthy, tasty sandwich along with sauce.
Nutritional facts per sandwich:
- Amount: 96 grams
- Carbohydrate: 31.5 grams
- Fat: 0.8 gram
- Protein : 8.2 grams
- Energy: 165 kcal
- Fibre : 1.8 grams